Working on something a wee bit more complex? Unlike fat, grown-up frameworks, Chibi focuses on just the essentials, melted down and mixed with optimization rainbows to create a really light micro-framework that allows you to do awesome things, asshatory free.
- Chibi is really tiny: 5KB minified, 2KB gzipped, small enough to stick inline on single page web apps, saving an extra HTTP request.
- Supports modern desktop and mobile browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari (see Browser Support below).
- Even supports creaky old browsers like IE6.
- No animation cruft, instead use CSS transitions like a nice person.
- In modern browsers, Chibi typically executes DOM manipulation 20% to 50% faster than grown-up frameworks.
- The lumpy, chewy bits
- Chibi’s polyfill for document.querySelectorAll() is limited to browser CSS support and is not as fast as some dedicated selector engines. This means no input[type=text] or p:nth-child(even) selectors with IE6. Fortunately modern browser don’t need this polyfill.
- Ancient browsers that support neither document.querySelectorAll() nor window.getComputedStyle can bugger off.
Chibi has been tested with and supports the following browsers:
- Android Browser 2.1 or higher
- Blackberry Browser 6 or higher
- Chrome Android
- Firefox 3.5 or higher
- Firefox Mobile
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Internet Explorer Mobile 9 or higher
- Opera 10 or higher
- Opera Mini
- Opera Mobile 10 or higher
- Safari 3.2 or higher
- Safari Mobile 3.2 or higher
- Symbian^3 Browser or higher
License: MIT License
Article published by Hirvesh (This blog article was re-posted via RSS and all Rights Are Reserved to the original owners).